Saturday, April 23, 2016

Lab Team 4 Week 14


Lab Team 4 
Week 14
Rube Goldberg Circuit


This video gives an explanation on how our Rube Goldberg circuit is set up.



Photos of the Individual Portions of our Circuit.



 Kevin's Solar Panel, Circuit Board and Light setup. 
My biggest change this week was to replace the four circuit panels that were provided in the class with a single consumer model panel.  This panel is far more durable and provides a much more consistent output.   The exact model is a Goal Zero Nomad 10 solar panel that I use on summer camping trips. 



View of the inner workings of Kevin's "Pressure Plate" setup.  As weight is placed on the upper panel the spring / pliers are compressed and the limit switch is activated redirecting power from the water pump to the light. 

 

  Another Change we made this week was to elevate the water supply to lessen the workload on the pump.
 


 Three Images of our main portion of our circuit leading up to the transition.  Note how the dominoes branch into two paths the first setting the golf ball in motion to our final transition, the other triggers a mousetrap that breaks the ground to motor deactivating that portion of the circuit. 



 The Final piece of our circuit, the Golf Ball rolls down the track to floor where it flips a toggle switch activating Group 7's cicuit


Demonstration Videos
 
This video shows a failed test run of our Rube Goldberg circuit where we learned the importance of carefully routing our wires.


This Week's Final Trial was a resounding success.

13 comments:

  1. I like how you guys added more to your blog than just the videos. Good job on your group RG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin - I like that you showed how you solved issues with your RG machine. Elevating the water so that the pump does not have to work as much was smart. - Adam DePalma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Rube Goldberg set up! I like your creative design, and everything looks perfect right now. Explanation video is very detailed and easy to follow, and I appreciate that you also mentioned what you changed in the blog. Good job!

    --Yao

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job with the pump. Seems like you put a lot of effort in. It looks like one of the better RGB machines built, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures and descriptions of the entire setup really show how it all comes together! It looks like you guys had a successful run by the time we did the class demo, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the nice comments.
    I am glad everyone seems to enjoy our Rube Goldberg Setup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job. Nice RG and hope everything goes well in the class demo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You give very detailed explanations on how your circuit works and on which problems you faced and how you fixed them, I think your groups setup is probably my favorite because of the long track for the golf ball and the water pump/pressure sensor trigger that you have incorporated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Team 4 I enjoyed the detailed explanation of your group Rube Goldberg design and how you include photos and videos in this week’s blog. Nice job all around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys have defenitly put a lot of time in to your circuits, and it has paid. Should be ready to go by Wednesday for sure.
    -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the changes you made to overcome your challenges. Elevating the water was smart. Kevin, your circuit appears to be pretty flashy and complicated but seems to run smoothly. I also like how you dyed your water, it makes it easier to see when the bottle is filling and when the pressure sensor will be triggered. Chris, I enjoy that your circuit has a lot of cool mechanical functions to it. The dominoes triggering the ball to roll is very cool and is a creative way to power the circuit across the larger gap in the room. Overall, great work to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete